- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- CS 40th Anniversary Booklet
- ABC Book for Computer Science at Cornell by David Gries
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- Spring 2024 Colloquium
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton 2023 Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University - High School Programming Contests 2024
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Explore CS Research
- ACSU Research Night
- Cornell Junior Theorists' Workshop
Sign up for an Apply Web account and begin your application here:
The deadline for applications for fall 2024 admission was February 1, 2024. We are no longer accepting applications from those without prior approval.
Please plan to have all materials submitted by the deadline.
Plan to have TOEFl/IELTS scores sent as early as possible to prevent delays in processing and review times.
Please give recommenders ample time to get their letters submitted by the deadline as well and check your application checklist to make sure they have been received. Send reminders if letters have not been submitted ten days before the deadline.
Fall 2024 application dates:
The application form, all undergraduate transcripts, and statements of purpose must be received by February 1, 2024
Test scores and LORs should be received by February 1, 2024, however, we will accept these until we have completed processing the applications. Delays in the submission of test scores and LORs might delay the processing and review of your application.
- Please be sure to include your "self-reported" scores on your application.
The Department of Computer Science does not offer financial aid for the M.Eng Program. Students are expected to secure their own funding.
Students in the CS M.Eng Program are not eligible for College of Engineering financial awards.
Cornell Bowers College of Computing and Information Science offers a limited number of diversity scholarships.
Read more about CS M.Eng Diversity Scholarships here: Diversity Scholarship
Review of applications for Diversity Scholarship awards will be conducted once all admission decisions have been finalized. Only applicants who are offered admission will be considered.
CS M.Eng Diversity Scholarships are available to fall entrants only.
All application material must be submitted through Cornell's Graduate Admissions online application system.
Required application material:
- Two letters of recommendation (one for current Cornell students)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended (even if transfer courses are included on your final transcript.)
- Academic Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Your SOP should include your academic interests, your academic background, preparation, and training, including any relevant professional experiences, your reasons for pursuing graduate studies in computer science, and your professional goals.
- Personal Statement
Your Personal Statement should provide the admissions committee with a sense of you as a whole person, and you should use it to describe how your background and experiences influenced your decision to pursue a graduate degree.
Additionally, it should provide insight into your potential to contribute to a community of inclusion, belonging, and respect where scholars representing diverse backgrounds, perspectives, abilities, and experiences can learn and work productively and positively together.
We recommend using this space to explicitly describe any obstacles you have overcome in your life's journey and how you overcame these obstacles and persevered to reach your goals.
Resume or CV
GRE test scores
- Writing sample
Click HERE to establish an account
- Questions about the application system should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical questions about the application should be directed to: email@example.com
Problems with LORs should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific questions about the Computer Science MEng admissions process contact the CS MEng Admissions Team
NOTES on Applying:
- The deadline for Applications for fall 2024 is February 1, 2024.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered without pre-approval by the CS MEng Admissions Team
- We do NOT do rolling admissions.
- We do not begin reviewing applications until our published deadline has passed.
- We will not review an application until all required materials are received.
- We rarely consider any internal transfers from students admitted to other MEng Programs. If you have applied for and been offered admission to another MEng program, you will need to wait until you have completed one full semester of your admitting program before requesting approval for a Change of Program. Should your change of program request be approved, whether we count any of the credits earned towards your first-degree program will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are interested in applying to the CS MEng Program at Cornell Tech in New York City, please use their application found here https://tech.cornell.edu/admissions/meng-application. They offer a separate program with a different admissions process.
If you cannot find the answer to your questions about the CS MEng Program at Cornell University on our web pages, please get in touch with the Computer Science Master of Engineering Program Office via e-mail.
General program questions: CS M.Eng Office
Questions about applying and the admission process: CS M.Eng Admissions
If you want to discuss the admissions process via Zoom:
- Cornell students: Weekly office hours available during the academic year, see the CS M.Eng Program contact page.
- Non-Cornell: send e-mail to the CS M.Eng Admissions Advisor